Sunday, April 12, 2009

Conversations

Friday was a pretty difficult day for me, as evidenced by my last post. I had a conversation with my very observant little Chance Man that put a smile on my face, just when I needed it. We were the only ones home that day. It went something like this....(Keep in mind, I was not crying at this time so I'm not sure where this whole conversation came from.)

"Mommy, you saaaaddd?" (sometimes out of nowhere my son has a very southern drawl, this is one of those times)

"Yes Chancey, mommy's sad because I'm thinking about Baby Jon"

"Baby Jon in mommy's tummy!"

"No honey, Baby Jon is an Angel in Heaven"

"Mommy, your heart hurt?" (not sure where he came up with this...)

"Yes Baby, my heart hurts"

"Chancey better kiss it and make it all better!" (leans down and kisses somewhere between my neck and my chest)"There all better!"

"Thanks buddy, that does make mommy feel better."

"Mommy, your butt hurt?"

"No Chancey, mommy's butt doesn't hurt...." (hmm...ok, not sure why he felt the need to ask me that or what he would have done if I would have said yes!)

And with that, my day got a little bit better.

No comments:

Post a Comment