Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Memo?

I wish there was a universal memo that would magically go out when someone experiences the death of their unborn baby. In the last few weeks, I've gotten some free samples of formula in the mail, some diaper coupons for my newborn baby, an advertisement from a portrait studio with a promotion for a 'welcome your newborn baby' portrait package, and a call from my insurance company asking how my pregnancy is going.

You would think the insurance company would have made a notation in my file (or something) that hmm...let's see....there were some delivery charges back in December, maybe I'm no longer pregnant and there's no need to call me to see how the pregnancy is going?? Shouldn't that throw up a BIG red flag???

Things will get easier....right? But when?

1 comment:

  1. Three days after I had Ella, CA disability called me to confirm some of the details of my leave. But, they started out the conversation by saying, "Congratulations." I had to tell them that my baby died. Sucks. I'm still scared the formula and diaper samples will show up at my house. However, we moved 2 weeks before we lost the baby, so I'm hoping I am not on the radar anymore.

    ReplyDelete