Thursday, December 10, 2009

Baby Jon 12.10.08

I can't believe it's been a year already since we last held our angel baby. It seems like just yesterday.

My husband and I both took the day off from work to just hang out and spend the day together. I wasn't sure what I wanted to do, but we ended up doing ALL of our Christmas shopping....in one day. It ended up working out great because it wasn't so busy on a Thursday morning/afternoon. And it was a good distraction.

We got a new ornament with Jon's name and birth date and hung it on the tree tonight. We had also decided last year that every year we want to buy a Christmas gift for a little boy the same age that Jon would be that year and donate it to Toys for Tots. So today, we picked out a little stuffed puppy dog and some rubber duckies for the bathtub. We hope whomever gets the toys will know that they were bought with love.

We love and miss you baby boy.

Love,
Mommy

2 comments:

  1. Im glad that your 1 year angelversy went well. I love the idea of the toys for tots. I should do that too! Its such a great way to honor our angles! *HUGS*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think buying a toy for a child his age is such a wonderful way of remembering your son.

    I didn't realize that we lost our babies at almost the exact time (one year apart) either...we have more in common than I realized!

    My one year anniversary was so hard. Two years is also hard. Different, but still hard. I miss our little one that we'll never know this side of heaven.

    Check out my blog in the morning...I think you'll be blessed.

    Praying for you friend,
    Devin

    ReplyDelete